June 9, 2008

Bloody Rain


Last night I dreamed that I was standing outside, with rain pouring down over me. I stood in a field of short grass, lights from a big city in the distance. It's night, and foggy.

I don't know how long I stood out there. There was nothing to mark the passage of time save my own heartbeat. Even though there was a small, winding road through the field, not a car drove down it. In dream-time, I was alone for hours. I only know this because my dream-consciousness knew it was so, in that funny way you sometimes just know things while dreaming, even if it seems absurd afterward.

My t-shirt and shorts were soaked. I looked down at my bare feet in the grass, and saw that they were covered in blood. I raised my arms and hands into my sight and realized that they too were bleeding. My dream-self didn't know why this was, but didn't panic about it either; I passively continued to watch the rain. It was sort of like, Hm. I'm oozing blood. That's strange.

At this point, my non-dream-self realized that I couldn't possibly be loosing that much blood and struggled for comprehension. And, since that is always what happens when my real self becomes alert, I woke up

When I said that I was bleeding, I don't mean bleeding like from cuts, SI or otherwise. It also wasn't like when you fall and scratch your knee on cement; the only possible way I can think of to describe it is like when your lips get so dry and chapped they start to bleed. Like that, except there were these cracks over my whole body.

It was rather a pleasent dream, actually. Or at least compared to the nightmares I usually have.

No comments:

Post a Comment